Friday, January 4, 2019

Age of Empires Egyptian Strategy

Age of Empires Egyptian Strategy
By Jacob Malewitz
KnyghtChessGo.Wordpress.com

One game, went with Shang against Persian and Greek. I was playing with Egypt, who I enjoy playing in Age of Empires as they have a strong chariot and strong navy. I usually play Hittites and Choson, as they are the best in Deathmatch, a game where you are full on resources and have to hit on war.

I lost. My ally immediately turned, as happens in Age of Empires, and I was surprised at how fast the Persians and the Greeks hit my city,

Held point of war, went with chariot archer, elephant, and some catapult. Shang did turn late in the game as I started losing. I lost game on points. Actually, I turned on my ally before I could be hit by them, a wise strategy in Age of Empires I.

If you play with Egyptian, a tough game to play against any civ, you should try the chariot archer. Archer units can win in any strategy game. Archer units are very strong. On the other hand, you can win different with Greek.

How might you win with Egypt? Egypt is a hard empire to win with. You have some strategy here. However, you can quit and play with a different Civ. My recommendation is to play until you win. You can win, even if your ally turns. You might be able to win on points. You might be able to turn on your ally first, or hit another town, and get another gold mine.

How might you use the war elephant? The Egyptians have a strong war Elephant to use against the Greek Centurion. The Egyptians have a strong Elephant archer to use against other archers, who can beat the Elephant. And the Elephant cannot always beat the Centurion, especially the Greek Centurion.

How might you play 2v2? You should be ready for your ally to turn. You should defend your city. You should save some units in the rear. You should remember some of your strategies. You need your own original strategies. You should use some hoplites in this game: Greeks have Centurions, but these Hoplites immediately made my best critical attack to win the game. They destroyed a town and allowed me time to last.

How can you win with an ally? It's hard to win with an ally in Age of Empires: they always turn – at least in the hardest difficulty -- but you can always beat them if you plan for attack.

Age of Empires 2 is better in some ways because your ally does not turn, but the computer AI is not always as tough. I like the ally turning, because you can learn new tactics. On the other hand, this can be very hard Chess. Age of Empires can be played in a Free For All, in 1v1v1.

How can you beat Egypt?

What land is best?

What game should you play, through the ages or with Deathmatch? What Civilization can you play instead of Egypt. In old days, Choson and Hittite can always win. Egypt can beat both, but in different ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment